Congratulations to all the nominees and finalists of the 2017 FMA Solo Program. We will be listing each finalist as they complete the FMA checklist and we receive confirmation along with their essay, which is due by March 31. FMA will make the final selection on May 1, 2017.
Each year we receive such outstanding nominations from music directors. This year is no different. However, this year each nominee has been awarded a free one year membership in FMA. As soon as each nominee registers online and completes the FMA checklist, they will receive a welcome package filled with swag from our generous sponsors.
Recipients (denoted by red asterisk) will be notified shortly. An acceptance form will be sent to each winner within a week . Each recipient will have one week to agree to the conditions of the scholarship. A separate page will be established for each recipient to document their journey to soloing an aircraft.
This is not the end for those finalists who were not selected. Each of you are deserving. You will hear from us and will receive a package of aviation related products as well as a membership in an elite association of people who share two passions: aviation and music. The FMA network will provide a beneficial means to assist you in achieving your goals if you desire to participate. We look forward to each of you becoming an ambassador for FMA.
Finalists (red asterisk denotes 2017 recipient):
- *Isaac Hill – Eagleville High School – Tennessee (Saxophone & Bass Vocalist)
- Immanuel Santos – Sickles High School – Florida (Bassoon, Clarinet, & Keyboard)
- Joshua Homza – Walton High School – Florida (Tuba & Marching Percussion)
- Jack Bumann – AlWood High School – Illinois (Trumpet, Piano, & Bass Vocalist)
- Kyler Davis – Lansing High School – New York (Tenor I, Cello, Guitar, Piano, & Banjolele)
- Julie Di Lecce – Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra – Florida (Violin)
- Dylan Hoffman – Nazareth Area High School – Pennsylvania (Tuba & Conductor)
- *Courtney Taylor – R.D Parker Collegiate – Manitoba (Clarinet & Vocalist)
- Rodney Buckland – Chantilly High School – Virginia (Trombone)
- Vanessa Ortelli – Stratford Central Secondary School – Ontario (Oboe, Saxophone, Percussion, Voice, & Guitar)
- *Aaron Smokovitz – Bullock Creek High School – Michigan (Trumpet)
- Cooper Cox – Saginaw High School – Texas (Tuba & Trombone)
- Hailey Armstrong – Joel E Ferris High School – Washington (Percussion)
- Richard Green – James B. Hunt, Jr. High School – North Carolina (Violin)
- Kade Boeglin – Forest Park High School – Indiana (Tuba, Trombone, Piano)
- Sidney Germer – Northridge High School – Utah (Cello, Vocalist)
- Parker Horne – Mt. Juliet High School – Tennessee (Alto & Tenor Saxophone)
- *William Knauth – Williamsport Area High School – Pennsylvania (Violin, Piano, & Vocal Bass)